Feast of the Holy Family

Dec. 30, 2005

Readings:
Sir 3,2-6 / Col. 3, 12-31/Lk. 2, 22-40

"Now, O Lord, you can dismiss your servant in peace,
for you have fulfilled your word
and my eyes have seen your salvation
which you display for all people to see,
Here is the light you will reveal to the nations,
and the glory of your people Israel."

Reflection:

Simeon's prayer is like a prayer of a fulfilled father proudly looking at his child, "for my eyes have seen your salvation..." As our parents are looking at us, may they also utter the same words, "you can now let your servant in peace, for my eyes have seen your salvation." Their sacrifices have not been in vain.

As we celebrate the feast of the Holy Family, let us thank God for our parents because they have given up everything only for us. And for them, there is no other gift worth giving except our own lives for them.

May we also align our families with the humble household of Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, and realize the true secret of life and happiness - a life lived in love and giving.

Finally, we also pray for God's greater family, the family outside our homes, together with the poor, the helpless, the homeless, the sick and the imprisoned ... we are the one family of God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. May we find the opportunity to commit ourselves to being present to one another and with God.

Fr. Lito Jopson

Comments

  1. Anonymous12:25 AM

    Thank you,Father Lito for this reflection.I hereby give praises to GOD and am very grateful for giving me my parents.When my father died at an early age,leaving my mother behind to raise 6 small children,she made the ultimate sacrifice of devoting her entire life in raising us up all by herself.With the help of GOD and her unrelenting faith and hope she managed to raise us all with the values and virtues that are pleasing to GOD.I offer prayers to my mom for she has given us everything and has loved us unconditionally,and as a parent myself I will do my best to give my children all the love and affection that I could give and to raise them as GOD fearing people and to instill in them the values of love,kindness,compassion and respect as well as sharing their blessings with others.This I pray to our Almighty GOD the Father.I likewise offer prayers to all parents and children that they may likewise do the best they can for their children and for children to respect and love their parents the way GOD loved us.Amen.DEAH

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

God bless you for your comments. Know that you are prayed for.