Baptism of the Lord

Sunday, 8 January 2006
Cycle B

Readings: Is 55: 1 - 11 / 1 Jn 5: 1-9 / Mark 1: 7 - 11

"Someone is following me, someone who is more powerful that I am, and I am not fit to kneel down and undo the strap of his sandals. I baptise you with water, but He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit."

The prophet has announced a servant filled with God's spirit. When Jesus was baptised, the Father recognizes him as his servant and his beloved Son. The Holy Spirit comes down upon him.

Grant that we may realize the depth of our own baptism. Taking the cue from Jesus, we should know what to do, what our mission is, now, after Christmas and the start of the new year. Share your prayers and reflections on the Christian's role in the world today.

Comments

  1. Anonymous3:59 PM

    Dear GOD,
    I give thanks and praises to YOU for all YOUR bountiful blessings.I know that you've given me gifts to utilize for the good of mankind in glorifying YOUR name.Help me to use my strength in helping the weak,inspiration and happiness to those who are down and to give comfort to those who are mourning,to comfort the sick and the hopeless,to give faith and spread YOUR WORD to those who lose faith.Let not my weaknesses and imperfection be a deterrent to fulfill the mission you have entrusted me.In my own simple way,I pray that YOU guide me to the right path in accomplishing this.Amen.Deah

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

God bless you for your comments. Know that you are prayed for.