1st Sunday of Lent, B

Good News

Mark 1:12-15


In the gospel, after being tempted, Jesus started proclaiming the Good News.  He said, ‘The time has come’ he said ‘and the kingdom of God is close at hand. Repent, and believe the Good News.’

What makes news Good?  Wealth, power, and blessings?  Don't the poor have good news as well?

Three things comprise the Good News - repentance, alignment of life with the Kingdom of God, and belief in the Good News.

Repentance - to hope against hope that I can transcend above all weaknesses, temptations, and sins till I see who I really am as God intended me to be.

Kingdom of God - that everything I do leads me closer to the realization of the Kingdom of God and heaven here on earth,.

Belief in the Good News - to actually live out the Good News because I am sent to proclaim it with my whole being.  Faith tells me that God sent me personally to change the world for good and to lead others to Christ.

Comments