THE LAST DAYS ... OUR NEW BEGINNING

Your Good News for January 22, 2006
3rd Sunday in Ordinary Time
Cycle B

Reflect:

"And the people of Nineveh believed in God; they proclaimed a fast and put on sackcloth, from the greatest to the least." (Jonah 3:1-10)
"This is what I mean: our time is growing short." (1 Cor 7:29-31)
"The time has come and the kingdom of God is at hand." (Mark 1:14-20)

Do this exerise today: Imagine what it would be like during our last days. Who would be the people around us? What would they be saying about us? How have we lived our lives? What would still be important? Would it still be about wealth, survival, even fame? Or would it be about life fully lived, where we have given everything in love without asking to be repaid ... the story of our lives is none other than the story of God in us. Let's work for it and begin life anew .

Comments

  1. Anonymous7:02 AM

    Thank you for this reflection,Father Lito.Indeed the last days are coming.And soon we would have to be accountable to GOD for how we have lived our life.As I started reading the bible and slowly absorb and understand GOD'S WORD,there is really nothing to fear.We just have to believe in HIS PROMISE of SALVATION.I pray that I will live long enough to raise my children in the love of GOD.During my last days,I wish to be around my family,my friends and people I love and care about.I wish to tell them how much I love them and how much I care about them.I pray that when my time is up,I will be worthy to face GOD and tell HIM that I have fulfilled my mission here on earth the best way I could.And this I pray to HIM to guide me and strengthen me so I will be able to accomplish this mission that HE entrusted to me.AMEN.Deah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:38 AM

    I just read your latest Good News, "Speak Lord your Servant is listening" I have my own opinion and its about following God's will and witnessing for Him in even in the mundane and ordinary situations of our lives, I try to be sensitive to those around me, those who I feel might need a word of comfort , or perhaps those who might still be searching spiritually, at times I feel I need to do more for Him, and being a Christian is a constant struggle that is why we all need peace and quiet when we can, because I think, when you sit still, that is when you hear that small still voice talking to you.

    Annie Jopson

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

God bless you for your comments. Know that you are prayed for.