The more we know



Gospel: Mark 8: 27 - 35
24th Sunday in ordinary time
Cycle B

Take it from Socrates when he said, "The more I know, the more I don't know. I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance."

This statement takes a humble stand on how we can view things. But it also invites us to continue to cherish as we know more about something or someone.

When Jesus asked his disciples, "Who do the people say that I am?" he was inviting them to enter into the mystery of his very self, to get to know him more, "But you, who do you say that I am?" The disciples had been with Jesus more than anybody in the crowd.

Till now the Lord is asking all of us, "Who do you say that I am?" Grant that we may acknowledge that inspite of all our knowledge on things and concepts and of people like family members and friends, we know very little of God and devote little time to really get to know him.

Each day that the Lord gives us is always a day of knowing the One who loves us and gives us life each day. Is it really asking too much if we allow more time and dedication for him and his work?

Photo taken from http://www.enlightenedbeings.com/pix/jesus.jpg
Subscribe to receive Goodnews at your fingertips. Be a Goodnewster!

Copyright (c) 2006, Goodnewsatyourfingertips.com

Comments