Palm Sunday Mass

To take up the path of Christ
Cycle B:  Mark 14:1-15:47

After the utterance of Hosanna comes a more deepened experience of the Lord not only in prayer but in being.  The key word here is in the book of Isaiah, "So that I may know how to reply to the wearied
he provides me with speech."  Even in the face of danger, "So, too, I set my face like flint;
I know I shall not be shamed."
Such is Jesus when he offered his body and blood to the apostles and now to us in the most Holy Eucharist, when he said, "Take it, this is my body."  He wishes us to be totally united with him in this journey to the Father so we can experience the Father providing for all our needs.
Could we now put this intimacy to reality?  Experiencing total unity with God should lead us to mold our hearts to be kinder, gentler, more compassionate, and more self-giving.  
 Could we push it a little further, to possess that heart that touches other hearts as well, to end violence and greed to change it with peace and forgiveness.  I would like to invite everyone to travel this path and cause the healing of us all.  Forgive and ask to be forgiven.  Aim for the wholeness of one another.  Long for love.

Comments